
I have been blessed with a wonderful and warm hearted Grandmother. She is someone who has loved me for me all my life and has never stopped loving me. I have so many great memories from all chapters of my life.
I remember her and my grandfather coming to visit us in South Dakota and riding around town on my bike watching for them to come over the big hill.
I remember getting to pick out two donuts from the dozen donuts they brought with them from the one and only Donut Hole.
I remember playing in their large yard, sleeping on the pull-out couch, eating eggs and bacon for breakfast, and running to the one store in my grandparents town to pick out some candy.

Easter weekend we visited my Grandmother. She has just moved into an assisted living complex and we helped her settled in. My sister, mom, and friends actually moved her which I am very grateful for as I know it wasn't easy. My Grandmother seems to be really happy in her new environment. It is a nice place with some very nice tenants and staff.

On the way back home, we stopped at my Grandmother's house along with my sister and her family. Walking up the steps into the house created a lot of emotions and brought back loads of memories. Walking into the house created even more as I looked at a half emptied place. My grandmother's house is small and she took many of her belongings with her. It almost felt weird being there knowing my Grandmother wasn't there to greet me and to give me one of her hugs. I am glad I stopped and I am not embarrassed to say some tears fell. I adore my Grandmother and am thankful everyday for her. I just hope everyone has a Grandmother like mine.