Wow - where did this past week go? I am really at a loss as my summer really hasn't begun and yet it is going by so fast. Time, please slow down!
We have had a crazy week. Here is a quick recap:
*Spent Memorial Day weekend at my sister's. My nephew Andrew graduated from high school.
*Grandma Lyn from Georgia flew in for Andrew's graduation and to visit. Loved seeing her!
*Huge storm which caused us to be out of power for 24 hours (Monday late evening to Tuesday evening)
*Scrambled last minute finding a solution for my kids for yesterday and today. Daycare lost power too so they had to close. Thankfully our daycare runs two facilities and the other one had space for my two girls. What a relief. It is nice to know they are safe but hard to leave them especially Makenna has she clung to me screaming and crying both days. Breaks this momma's heart. Maya had a friend there today so she was super happy. Hard two days.
*Watching the finales of Dancing With the Stars and American Idol. I know I am the minority when I say I would have liked to have seen Hailey win. I'm not much of a country fan.
*Battling a shoulder/neck injury which caused me not to be able to workout. Hard to do anything really. Thankfully I am feeling so much better and am getting a much needed massage tonight after work.
What have all of you been up to? I am anxious to get updated on all the blogs. Alicia, hope you are safe with all the flooding you are having! We have been thinking of you.
Here is a picture of myself with my nephew Andrew. He is moving in a few months to attend school in my town. I am very excited to have him here (and hope he will watch my girls once in awhile so Dave and I can go out!).
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago

























