Saturday, April 25

Tough Job

I have heard Oprah say numerous times that mothers have the hardest job.  I have to say, mothers and fathers have the hardest job.  I truly never believed it until I became a parent.  I love being a mother and I love being Maya's mother.  Most days I feel like the luckiest person in the world.  Maya is sweet, charming, smart, funny, and so lovable.  And then there are moments that she is just the opposite.  Maya's biggest struggle these days is napping and bedtime.   She refuses to go to sleep without a battle.  We have established a routine and followed Jo Frost's advise but Maya refuses to fall asleep.  Instead she gets out of bed, talks or sings to herself, plays with her feet, or whatever she can do to stay awake.  She is obviously tired based on her yawns, rubbing her eyes, and snuggling with her blanket.  I love you Maya but PLEASE go to sleep. 

Here is a picture of Maya from the other night - she is clearly tired but decided to battle it out.  I won.

IMG_6053

1 comments:

Claudia said...

I should'nt laugh - but that picture is hilarious! I';m sure I'll be laughing on teh other side of my face when our baby comes home...