Tuesday, February 22

Hair and Elephant?

What a Sunday we had in our house! The theme of the day - church and hair!

Our day started out bright and early as Dave and I got our much needed Turbo Fire workout in. We then all went to church and listened to Maya sing in church yesterday which I absolutely love. Once we finished up at church, ate our favorite Sunday lunch (pancakes and scrambled eggs), and took a quick nap, we were ready to switch gears and start our second theme of the day, hair.

Maya's amazing daycare teacher, Laura, made a house call yesterday afternoon. Laura straightened Maya's hair, trimmed it, braided it, and beaded it.  I am in awe of Laura's ability especially how easily she added the beads and rubberband.  I thought I was watching a magic show at first :)

Later on Sunday after Makenna was sleeping peacefully, Maya decided it was my turn to get my hair done.  How could I resist?  Maya put many ponytails in my hair.  At one point, Maya leaned over and whispered in my ear "Mommy, you look like an elephant".  I burst out laughing.  I then had her repeat herself and tell Dave.  She leaned towards him and told him exactly what she told me.  We all laughed.  Miss Maya sure has a charming personality.  What a character!  So I guess we had one fun hair day with elephants!