Sunday, February 13

Prayers Requested - Updated

***UPDATE***

We are home!  Just arrived and Makenna is taking a much needed nap.  Per the doctor, Makenna did great and everything went smoothly.  Makenna has a few stitches and a splint on her leg which she will have for awhile.  Unfotunately we still have to figure out when our follow-up appointment with our "bone" doctor.  Kind of frustrating to always having to track things down, etc.  They also tried giving her a med to help with pain but they didn't check to see how it played with the other meds she is currently on.  Ugh.  It gets really frustrating at times but thankfully we are on top of things.  Thanks again for all the prayers and support.  I really think it helped Makenna today.  It feels good to have a great support system.

For those of you reading my blog, thank you.  As you can see I haven't been so good at keeping it up.  You see, I have been having some very tough days lately.  I have found it very challenging to get through each day with my daily stuff that I have nothing else to give and that means no blogging.

Tomorrow Makenna goes in for a second surgery.  The "bone" doctor needs to clean out her incision on her leg.  It really should be an easy surgery and Makenna should come home.  But...based on everything that has happened over the past two months, I am still worried and concerned.  Hence I am asking you to say a prayer for Makenna (and for us).  Please pray everything will go smoothly and she'll be able to come home.  Makenna's surgery is bright and early so if you would please say a prayer when you wake up in the morning.  We'd really appreciate it.

For those of you who reach out to me via text, facebook, and email, thank you!  Again, I haven't had the strength to respond but I have read them.  I can't express how grateful I am for all the kind words.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.