Thursday we got a call from daycare saying Maya had a fever and had to be picked up. Maya never gets sick and hasn't missed a day of school for a very long time. Since Maya had a fever, we had to keep her home on Friday as well. It turned out to be a good thing as Maya is fighting something. Even though she had plenty of energy to fight with her sister and talk back to her parents, she had a stream running from her nose and had a hard time sleeping.
Thanks to Maya, I am sick too. I think I went through an entire box of tissues myself. I am so thrilled to have a nasty head cold. Who wouldn't want to feel achy all over with zero energy to do anything :( Thankfully Dave and Makenna are healthy and hopefully they stay that way!
This weekend we obviously didn't do much of anything. We decided to take advantage of being home and work on some necessary projects. I had much more energy on Saturday and thankfully got a lot done. Sunday we made great strides in organizing our newly remodeled office space. Girls had some good moments and some not so great ones. They fight a lot and it is really exhausting. I pray they grow out of this stage and start to play nicely with each other (please parents with older kids tell me this is the case or at least lie to me). We did manage to do a few activites but not much. The girls basically played, ate, watched a few shows, and picked on each other. Next weekend hopefully we are all healthy so we can get outside or do something fun with friends.
Here is Maya keeping busy coloring
Girls just got a bath and had their hair styled
Simple style but cute and Maya loves it :)
Rice Krispie treats
One benefit of an unfinished basement - a bouncer and a swing!
Makenna loves to swing - look at her face, ha!

























