On Sunday we drove south of Addis to the city of Hossana. We left the guest house at 5am and each family took their own Toyota Land Rover. We didn't have much chance to get ready that morning as Massi, the house director, knocked on our doors at 4:20 am. All of use quickly threw on some clothes and headed over to the other guest house. I did have one of the guards walk me back to my guest house so I could put in my contacts. On the way back, I ended up stepping in a large puddle of water. The nice guard grabbed my arm and guided me back. I should mention that the sun rises at 6am each day and sets at 6pm each day. Ethiopia is on 2 12 hour clocks and they start at 6am and 6pm. Let's just say that it was extremely dark outside when I was walking to and from the guest houses.
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago

























