Thursday, August 23

Washington D.C.

Hello everyone...we made it to Washington D.C. last night after a very long day of traveling.  We had a few delays in Chicago but finally made it.  We slept very well as we were both tired. 

Today we spent the day walking around the mall area.  We took the metro which was an interesting and painless experience.  We then walked and walked and walked.  My feet are killing me!  I guess my new sporty shoes don't have as much cushion as I thought.  Good thing CVS Pharmacy is close to our hotel as I need to find some new insoles. 

I called home to check on my mom and doggies.  All are doing fine except Sebastian has yet to warm up to my mom.  He should eventually after a week and a half. 

Well we are off to get some food and to CVS Pharmacy.  We have to get up early tomorrow so we can get to the airport.  Our flight leaves early morning.  As Dave said to me earlier today, "It's a good thing we got all this walking in today so we can get all stiff tomorrow by sitting in the plane for 17 hours". 

Don't you envy us? 

Theresa

Washington D.C 027 Washington D.C 014