Friday, August 22

A Year Ago Today

One year ago, my mother dropped Dave and I off at the airport.  We had 8 full bags of luggage with us and one picture of our precious baby girl.  We left on a Wednesday and flew into Washington DC.  We had decided to spend a day touring around our capital city.  Friday came and we met four other couples at the gate early in the morning.  It was easy to spot them as we were the only non-Ethiopians waiting to board the plane.  I remember relief setting in as I was so nervous and had no idea what to expect.  Dave did a great job following the message board but not me.  I was nervous, anxious, excited, and scared.  I knew that this trip would change my life forever and it did.  We are the luckiest two people I know.  God had a plan for us and our plan was to bring Maya home.  She is the best little girl ever and we are so blessed. 

Below is Maya's referral photo.  This was the only picture we had of Maya before our trip.  The next picture is a more recent one.  She has grown so much in the last year.

We love you Maya!!!

Nejbya
IMG_3024