Wednesday, June 10

Need your help

It appears Maya's hair products are causing me to have an allergic reaction on my face.  I have seen the dermatologist a few times now and have quit using all my hair products, face lotion and make-up.  Unfortunately I am still breaking out in a rash all over my face.  The only time my rash has cleared up in the past 2 months is when I had Maya's hair professionally braided.  I absolutely love Maya's hair products as her hair has never been so beautiful but...we can't use them anymore.  Here is what I am currently using on Maya's hair:

IMG_5811

The brand is Deva Curl and Circle of Friends for the detangler.  So here is my question - does anyone have any hair product suggestions for us to try?  We are leaning towards trying Carol's Daughter or Curly Q.  Has anyone tried these and do you like them?  I would greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone has.  Thanks!

9 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

I love everything we have tried from Qhemet Biologics. Great product.

For our all purpose detangler, I water down the Taliah Waajid Bodifying Mist spray. Great for taking out styles, refreshing hair, etc.

Best of luck. I feel for you. I would have such a hard time giving up our most favored products.

Anonymous said...

We have used Curly Q. I did not like the detangler, but LOVE the milkshake. I like it even more than the Deva curl lotion I think. I hope you find something that works for you and her.

Ronnie and Suzi said...

Hey...this might be an obvious thought so forgive me if it comes across too silly. Have you considered stopping all of the products and restarting them 1 at a time to see which one you might be allergic to? I'd hate to have you stop using them all (especially if you love them and they work) if it is only 1 of the products causing the reaction. Just a thought from my PA brain! ;)

AnnMarie & Nick said...

I have tried both Curly Q and Carol's Daughter on my son. Now his hair isn't as long as your daughers so I'm not sure what you will like better but we have had the most success with the Carol's Daughter Hair Milk and the Vanilla leave in conditioner. It works great and he smells so yummy it's hard to stay away from him:)

my life, my loves! said...

http://web.mac.com/juliebot/ajourneytofamily/Hair_Care_Skin_Care.html

This women has some good hair advice. Hope it helps. I am allergic to everything so I feel your pain. Good Luck!!

judy said...

I haven't personally tried Carols daughter but I have heard really great things about it.

trice said...

You could try the things that are sold at the organic food store. I have a friend who is allergic to lots of things and uses this:

http://www.janecartersolution.com/

The website list where the products are sold. They also list all of the ingredients in each product.

Best of luck

Anonymous said...

I love Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk. It really brings out the curl and smells amazing! I am very sensitive to smells and smelly products but I love this! Good luck!

Stacy said...

the carols daughter vanilla leave- in leaves lucys hair a little sticky. i have tried many detanglers and hands down the most functional has been about two table spoons cheapo hair conditioner (suave etc) mixed with about a cup of hot water in a spray bottle. for leave in, i like carol's daughter hair milk or mimosa hair honey ... also have used olive oil and straight coconut oil.