Today we had a busy morning driving around Addis. The goal was to do some shopping but it didn't end up that way. I ended up getting motion sickness and still have it. The driving here is unexplainable and something that we have never seen. There are no stop signs, stop lights, traffic rules of any kind, and people walk on the street. It is amazing there isn't many car accidents.
This afternoon we went to the USA embassy to get a visa for Maya. Before we left, the nannies brought the children to the guest house. Maya was dressed is a very cute dress and was very happy. She did fall asleep on the ride there and snored! At the embassy she focused on the Monday night football game. Yes, they had the game on a day later. And...we have determined that Maya is daddy's girl. She snores and likes football! The embassy went extremely well and we are officially her parents. Honestly, I am so happy and I love that girl so much. She is so sweet and happy. She even took some of the bottle today from Dave! She struggled with it yesterday but did take about 3 oz today. We are so pleased. If we haven't mentioned it before, they cup feed all the babies here as it keeps down the infections. Maya has never been breast feed or bottled feed until now. We hope she continues to eat from the bottle as it will make a better trip home. Oh...I have to say that the nanny yesterday told me she doesn't like bottle and that she will give me a cup tomorrow when I take her home. It was kind of funny to be honest. The nannies just love her so much and know her so well. It will be hard for Maya to leave them as she is very attached.
We are off to the Crown Hotel tonight for a traditional Ethiopian dinner and dancing. Although I don't feel well, we are still going. It should be very interesting.
Take care everyone and we hope to see you all soon!
Theresa

























