Wednesday, August 5

Maya Update

What is new with Maya you may ask? Well let me fill you in. First off, Maya is becoming more and more independent each day. Take this morning for example, she didn't want to get out of bed, she didn't want to sit on the potty but didn't want to get off the potty, she wanted to dress herself, and put on her own shoes. Knowing this, I may have to adjust the time to account for this "new" independence.

Secondly, Maya is trying to understand why she should go potty in the toilet versus in her pull-up or diaper. I find it difficult to reason with her so instead I try to make it fun. By that I mean I get very very excited and I say with as much enthusiasm as I possible can "GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS?" IT IS POTTY TIME!". Maya seems to respond fairly well to this excitement or maybe it is the sticker she receives afterwards? Today was a huge milestone as Maya went #2 at daycare (in the toilet)!!!! Maya has said several times that she only goes potty at home hence the milestone.

Thirdly, Maya seemed to have either caught a cold or has an ear infection. Her poor nose has been running like a faucet (okay, not that bad). Because of it, she isn't sleeping well at time and wakes up at least 1-2 times a night. The lack of sleep isn't helping any of us at the moment. We are giving it one more night before we make our way to the doctor's office to have those ears check. I wouldn't be surprised though as I believe she is getting her 2nd set of molars.

And finally, we found out a few days ago that Maya will be transitioning to the next room up at her daycare. She is going to the 2 1/2 - 3/3 1/2 year room starting next week. We are excited as Maya will be reunited with her old teacher from the pre-toddler room and she is fantastic. Her teacher moved to this room so Maya will be able to have her as a teacher one more time. Also, the class primary focus is potty training. WOO HOO! We do love Maya's current teachers but it is time for Maya to join the older kids. She needs it for her development as right now she is one of the oldest in her current room.

Well I can't blog without posting a picture of Maya :) Here is a picture of Maya with her cousin Olivia who visited this past weekend. Maya and Olivia are big fans of Dora and Diego so here they are watching their show right before bed. Too cute!
IMG_7148

1 comments:

Ronnie and Suzi said...

Yay Maya! What a huge milestone!! Now I have to ask...is that "Potty" coming out like a NJ mob boss (Potty for Party!) or just a regular old toilet?!! :)