Monday, September 3

Maya's first day at home

We survived day one at home!  Dave ended up getting very sick Saturday night and had to be taken to the emergency room for some fluids.  Luckily my mom is still here and was able to take him.  Since Dave was out of commission, I was in charge of caring for Maya.  It wasn't too hard considering her slept for 7 hours yesterday day.  I finally woke her around 5pm.  I figured I better wake her if I had any chance of geting some sleep last night.  Once she was awake we got ready for her first trip outside the house.  We visited my sister and her family at the Ramada here in town.  Maya did fairly well overall.  She was a bit cranky due to being tired.  I think she had some jet lag which makes sense.  She did just travel 30 hours.  Once we got home, I gave her her first bath.  Of course I didn't have a clue what I was doing but we managed okay.  After her bath, she ate and then went to bed around 10:00pm.   She slept until 2:30 am and went back to bed until about 5am.  She is now up and making all sorts of noises.  She is very happy at the moment.

 

Dave is feeling much better today too.  I hope he feels well enough to be daddy today so I can run some errands.  I need to buy some long pants for Maya.  Poor child has nothing to wear!   

 

Theresa