Tuesday, May 19

Jello-Fest

Our church held their annual jello-fest on Sunday and we couldn't resist participating.  There were three categories:

  1. Best Salad
  2. Best Dessert
  3. Most Creative

If you know Dave and I, we are certainly not going to shoot for #1 or #2 so we went for #3.  Our main goal was to promote Kolfe Orphanage and bring more awareness of the sponsorship opportunity with Children's Hope Chest.  I don't believe we won but hopefully one more person took the time to learn more.  Here is our creation - we cut out the shape of Ethiopia and laid the jello on top of injera (bread).  We used green, yellow, and red jello to represent the colors of the Ethiopian flag.  What do you all think?  I think they turned out pretty darn good!  Ha ha.

IMG_6265
P.S.  Thanks Nicole for letting us use your cookie cutter! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turned out GREAT!! I am so glad you guys were able to get it done. I was so disappointed to not be able to help.
Your creation turned out fabulous, and I think it will bring lots of great attention to Kolfe!

Ronnie and Suzi said...

WOW! What a great idea! I love jello and your creativity...hope at least you got an honorable mention!! :) Love it! Where did Nicole get the cookie cutter?

Beret said...

Awesome! Jello and injera - never would have thought of it :)