Wednesday, November 25

So Behind

Where do the days go and why is it impossible to accomplish everything?  Let's get everyone caught up since the last time I posted.

Last Friday Maya's daycare hosted their annual Thanksgiving lunch which meant all the parents were able to take part.  I loved having lunch with Maya in her environment and the food was delicious!
IMG_8099

This past weekend we attending the last game of the season for our college football team.  Once we got past the "I'll do anything to get out of sitting for this game such as yelling I got to go poop", Maya did great and enjoyed the game.  Of course it would have been even better if our team would have won.
IMG_8102

Also over the weekend Maya got a new doll.  We decided to purchase this doll because Maya can comb and style her hair.  Maya loves babies but she LOVES this doll.  When she wakes up or comes home from being gone, she immediately goes to check on her doll which she name "Ana".  I believe she named it after her friend Ana who is also from Ethiopia - how cute is that?  I just love watching Maya be creative and playing make believe. 
IMG_8111

Last but not least - Maya and Dave enjoyed the annual Parade of Lights.  This parade is full of floats with lots and lots of "beautiful" lights (as Maya would say).  Apparently Santa even made a visit which scored high on Maya's list.  I am also thankful for Santa as he told Maya to wear her gloves which is something we battle each and every time we leave the house.  From what I am told, they had fun and had fun hanging out with friends. Below is Maya with her friend Wren.  Those girls are too cute together.
IMG_8113
Maya even scored a ride on Evan's shoulders...
IMG_8114

1 comments:

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

It's amazing how kids listen to Santa. Love the mitten story:)

God Bless!!