Thursday, May 13

Do You?

Do you ever get jealous or envious for any reason at all? I know I do and it drives Dave crazy. For me I think it is normal for a woman to feel jealousy or to be envious here and there. I think it is part of our DNA as a woman. Men just can't understand this even if they claim they do. I can tell Dave one thing and tell my sister or a girl friend the exact same thing and they will just "get it". My sister or friend will understand where I am coming from and why I feel the way I do.

Personally, I can become jealous/envious of the most random things. It could be because of something materialistic or shallow like a vacation or if someone's kid was potty trained in a day, and sometimes it is because of a pregnancy announcement. Now please realize it does not mean I am not happy for the person or because I am unhappy in my life. I am very grateful for everything in my life. I am happy with my home, my belongings, my job, and most importantly my family and my relationships. I would not trade anything for the world. Most days I thank God for giving me such a wonderful life and blessing me with such things as infertility. I look at my children and feel incredibly blessed to have them in my life.

So I wonder, why do I sometimes feel jealous or envious?

I have no idea to be honest. I wish I knew. Since I have gotten "older", it occurs less and less but I still have my moments. I talk to people who claim they are never jealous or envious because they don't care what anyone thinks, etc. Really? Is this really possible?

I know I can't be the only one who feels this once in awhile. I just wish there was a quick cure for it like aspirin for a headache. I guess I'll settle with things like spending time with my family, watching a good movie along with chips and salsa, or maybe a nice hot bath and my latest US magazine issue.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand where you are coming from Theresa. Yesterday I heard a friend of mine got lasik eye surgery and I felt a little jealous. I haven't even looked into getting the surgery but since I've had glasses since the first grade a feeling of jealousy came over me thinking about getting rid of them forever!

judy said...

I hear ya!! No malicious intentions, we just can't help ourselves. Mom says it must be our age and that we will grow out of it. Isaac usually just says "whatever babe" or just ignores it all together...but my girlfriends all understand. You know the saying "grass is always greener..". Glad to hear that I am not the only one!! xoxo

Maria said...

Found you through We Are That Family. I totally resonate with your thoughts and sometimes am surprised by my feelings of jealouy.

Many blessings to you and your family.

Tiffany said...

Stopped over from We are that family. Your family is beautiful! We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia.

I think the only cure is prayer, and surrendering it to God. Unfortunately it is something that we women really battle. Ug.