Hats off to all the runners today! What an inspiration!
I am especially proud of my brother-in-law Monty who ran his first ever 1/2 marathon in 1 hour and 57 minutes! Can you believe that incredible time? Monty said he may come back next year and do it again! Wow! I am also proud of all my friends who ran as well. They also did awesome. It certainly makes me want to train for the 1/2 next year.
We happen to live in the coolest neighborhood in Fargo (sorry all the local peeps reading my blog. You live in a cool neighborhood too but we are the coolest. ha!). My neighborhood happens to be a part of the 1/2 marathon and full marathon route. Super early this morning in the pouring ran, we hopped over one street to our friends place to cheer on the 1/2 marathoners. After a couple of hours, we headed back to our house to watch the full marathon. By this time the rain had passed and the wind picked up. Us and our fabulous neighbors had what I think was a kick ass party despite the less than desirable weather. Our neighbors rented a big jumper thing for all the kids, we both had yummy food, and we cheered for all the runners.
Around 3pm we finally headed back in to rest and have quiet time. Boy did we need it! What a great day. I am already looking forward to next year's race.
My BIL ready for the big race.
The big jumper thing which all the kids just loved! (Don't you just love the political sign in the picture too.)
Maya's socks after she was done jumping all day - they landed in the garbage :(
And pictures of the actual marathon? Well this is the closet race picture I happened to take (Maya and her friend Wren).

























