It is a wonderful day as my baby girl is 1 years old. It is also a sad day. I find it hard to celebrate Makenna's birthday without thinking about her birth mother. One year ago today, Makenna's birth mother was giving birth to a child which she would later make an adoption plan for. It is a day that was incredibly significant in her life and yet, she isn't with Makenna to celebrate this joyous day. I wonder if she will think of Makenna today and pray that she will.
It is also a sad day for us. Although we have been blessed with Makenna for 7 months and will continue to be blessed every day going forward, we were also not there one year ago to witness her birth. It is part of Makenna's story which we can not share with her. I wish I could have been there and I wish I could tell Makenna this chapter of her story.
Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl. I am so thankful you are my daughter. On this day, we will celebrate your birth as well as celebrate your birth mother. Without her, you wouldn't be home in your forever home. We love you very much!


























4 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday Makenna!!!
Happy Birthday Makenna!
I am sure it was both a completely painful but also hopeful day when Makenna's birth mother gave her up for adoption. I lived in Africa for years (Sierra Leone West Africa) and it was my experience that families in their hearts - always expect to be reunited down the road. Not to say she'd have Makenna back - just that some day she might "meet" and yet get to know Makenna. As she lay there in labor knowing what she could not do for her child - she had to send prayers of thanksgiving upwards knowing there was someone (you) that WOULD be able to fully love on, and care for, her yet unborn sweet baby. I enjoy reading about your journey and look forward to what's yet to come!
Post a Comment