Tuesday, August 3

So Many Emotions

It has been almost a week since my last blog post.  I have had good intentions on keeping up my blog on a regular basis as well as good intentions to keep up on all my favorite blogs.  Life happened to throw me a curve ball :(

My 93 year old grandmother is in the ICU recovering from a fall.  We rushed to be at her side and took two days off from work.  I am so grateful to have been there to hold her hand and to tell her I loved her.  I am so grateful to have been able to sit with my mother in the waiting room for hours so she wouldn't be alone.  I am grateful to have seen my entire family and have a chance to celebrate Makenna's 1 year birthday. 

Thankfully my grandmother is doing much better today but she is still in the ICU.  We really appreciate everyone's kind words and prayers.  My grandmother is a very special woman who means a lot to me and to my family. 

I have learned an important lesson through this.  When you have an opportunity to stop to visit your grandmother, do it.  You just never know what could happen and if you will have another opportunity.