I am a very sentimental person. I am a sensitive person and tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve. This is can be either a good thing or a really bad thing but it is who I am. First day of school began today. Although it doesn't effect me (minus my longer commute thanks to all the extra cars on the road), it does make me reflect back on the past 3 years.
At the end of this month, we will be celebrating Maya's 3rd forever family anniversary. It amazes me how quickly these past 3 years have gone by and how I no longer can remember things. Last night Makenna was being cute and I thought how I must remember this moment. I even mentioned this to Dave and reference getting our video recorder out. Did we? No. We just watched, smiled, and hung out with our girls. Yes, I enjoyed every minute of it but do I remember the cute thing Makenna did last night? Unfortunately no. My memory is terrible and it makes me sad that I can't remember cute little things my girls did.
It seems time rapidly goes by and all of a sudden your nephew started his senior year in high school, your daughter is ready to start Sunday school, and you are now seeing those fine lines around your eyes. It does make me sad and I wish I could freeze time or even turn back time. Since I can't do either, I will instead try to enjoy each and every day. I will try to remember to grab my video camera or blog about a funny/cute moment. And just maybe, I will remember a few moments to share at my girls' graduation or wedding reception.
How about a video from tonight :)

























