I am many things. I am a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a neighbor, a co-worker, and most importantly a mother. I play many different roles such as yourself. All of these various roles can be extremely challenging but very rewarding at the same time. Nothing is better than getting a big bear hug from my Maya and being told she loves me or when Makenna reaches for me because she feels loved and comforted in my arms. You can't put a price tag on these things and I wouldn't trade them for the world.
Although I play all these various roles, I am also a person. Sometimes I forget that I am an individual with my own interests, passions, and needs. I really feel it is important to remember who you are as a person and make time for yourself.
This past summer I have renewed one passion of mine, music. I love music specifically Indie Rock. Prior to kids and while living in Minneapolis, Dave and I enjoyed attending various concerts and scouting out new music. When we moved to Fargo, we still held onto our passion but the local music scene wasn't very impressive for non-country lovers. In addition, we didn't know anyone besides us who shared the same music taste.
Over the past 6 years, more and more non-country bands have found their way to Fargo such as Bon Jovi, Green Day, Jewel, Ben Folds, and the latest Old 97's. We have also met others who also share our love of Indie Rock. A huge relief as it is much more fun to share your passion with someone else.
About a month ago, Dave and I saw the Old 97's (again). We actually got a night out on the town with our friends Evan and Teri-Lee. Words can't express how much we (I) needed this night. It felt good to get out of the house kid free and enjoy something we love, music. Meeting the lead singer, Rhett Miller, certainly helped make the night even better!
Here is Mr. Cutie - I mean Rhett Miller :)
Remember it is okay to take time for yourself and do something you love. You will feel so good and refreshed afterwards. Trust me!


























1 comments:
How true this is! Sometimes even an afternoon or evening away from it all is so refreshing! I have to remind myself of this and not feel guilty when I take advantage of it!
Post a Comment