Monday, March 30

Flood and a Blizzard?

On Sunday, we took a drive to look at all the water.  What an amazing site.  The entire city is covered with sandbags, clay dikes, national guard members, and potholes.  We stopped and took some pictures from the main avenue bridge that connects Fargo and Moorhead. 
IMG_5871
IMG_5867
IMG_5869
IMG_5879
IMG_5872
We also drove south of town on I-29 which goes towards the South Dakota border.  Again, so much water and clay.
IMG_5880
IMG_5887 
IMG_5882
On top of all of this, today we get snow and lots of it.  I'm thinking that we must have done something wrong to deserve all this nasty weather.  Please spring and summer, come soon!  We miss you!
IMG_5893
IMG_5892
This picture is looking down our street.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh wow. Those pictures are incredible. So much water and snow. I will be thinking of you!

Kerry said...

that is just crazy! we are thinking and praying for everyone in fargo!!

One Hot Homestead said...

I stumbled onto your blog from a post on the CHSFS forum. My husband and I both graduated from NDSU in 1997 and were there during that flood. I still have family in Fargo and just posted about the flood on my blog. I hope your family is doing well. What a small world it is!

Kari
Africainourhearts.blogspot.com