Thursday, April 8

Loved Ones

I've been doing a lot of thinking these past few days.  I have been reminded it has been 2 years since my father passed away and 6 years since Dave's grandfather and father passed away.  Many memories are flashing in front of my eyes as I clearly remember the story behind each of them.  It is amazing how I can't remember what I ate yesterday or what shirt I wore but I can remember where I was and what I was doing 6 years ago when we got the "call".  These memories bring tears to my eyes and each were incredibly sad.  I wish I could turn the clock back and I wish all 3 of them were here today.  I know they would all be very fond of Maya and Makenna.  

I do have to thank them.  Because of them, Dave and I realized family and our friendships are the most important thing of all.  We didn't put these first in our lives until 6 years ago.  It is then we decided to leave the big city to move closer to family and to start our family.  Because of them, we are more grounded, caring, and understanding.

We will forever miss these wonderful people and will always cherish our memories.  May they continue to rest in peace.  God Bless each of them.

4 comments:

Ronnie and Suzi said...

I know what you mean. It has been a little over 6 years since we lost Ronnie's dad and my 7 year old cousin (our ringbearer) and it's rare for a day to go by that I don't think about the time we have lost with their passing. I am somewhat convinced though that this is why it took us so long to 'find' our children. They were having too much fun up in heaven with their grandpa they didn't want to come down to earth to be with us just yet ;) May God bless all of those who've gone before us.

Unknown said...

Losing loved ones is always tough. I like to keep them close with this <a href="http://hourpowerwatches.com/collections/gift-ideas.html>unique watch</a>. God Bless!

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

Dear Theresa,
Sorry for your loss. I sooo can relate to how you feel. It was 8 years ago I lost my brother-in -law at the age of 44 becuase of a heart attack. Him and my sister had the realtionship everyone dreamed of...it was unreal!! Before he had passed away I took ALOT for granted. I sooo know what you mean by having this happen and how it makes you wake up like never before. I always say ...NO ONE knows unless they have lost someone VERY close to you. Things I would not do before I won't think twice about doing now...life is too short!!! Thanks for sharing this post...God Bless You!! Hang in there:)

Karen
Adopting 2 kiddos from ET
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com

Kathy Freier said...

Thanks for sharing. I often times think about how much my Dad is missing. So much has changed since his death. Sometimes I still go to pick up the phone to ask him about some home maintenance question and quickly remind myself that he isn't there. Losing a parent or any loved one is tough. But I take comfort in knowing he will see and meet all of his grand kids some day :)