Monday, September 27

"Perfection"

Edited to add the link to the Perfection post:

I am writing this post with tears. Dave found an amazing blog of a single dad who wrote about the disease "Perfection". Below is an excerpt from the post. This part really hit home as I seem to look at other moms in awe as I wonder how they manage to do it all.

If you like what you read below, please take the time to read the entire post here and share with as many people as you can. We need to bring this topic to the surface and start being 'real" to ourselves and to each other.

"Perfection" is a mom hating herself because she only sees that every other mom around her is the perfect mother, the perfect wife, and the perfect neighbor. I'd give anything to be Mrs. Jones. Today she ran 34 miles, cooked six complete meals, participated in a two-hour activity with each of her seven children, hosted a marriage class with her husband, and still had time to show up for Bunco. What this mom doesn't know is that Mrs. Jones is also at home crying right now because the pressure to be "Perfect" never lets up.