Saturday, September 18

Terrible Morning? Not Today!

As you may recall, we had a terrible morning the other week.  I was seriously at my last straw and couldn't continue having one bad morning after another.  Thanks to all the wonderful comments and great suggestions, we worked on changing our morning routine. 

First we picked up the book, Parenting With Love And Logic , which we have read parts of.  Second we switched up our morning routine.

Routine:
6:40ish
- wake up time by Dave.  He does this by turning on Maya's lamp and music.  We are currently listening to "The Life of Childhood" which is a cd of Amharic kids songs. 
6:50ish - go back into Maya's room to ensure she is awake, up, and getting dressed.  After Maya is dressed, I style her hair if needed and brush teeth. I then move on to getting Makenna up and dressed. 

By switching up our routine, we have had very pleasant mornings and Maya has been making very good choices.  This means a happy Maya, a happy mom, and a happy Makenna as she gets some attention too.

I even got to take some photos from Friday!  This never happens as we are usually rushing out the door.  Look how happy they are! 

 IMG_1510

3 comments:

LBWV said...

So happy to hear your mornings are going well!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad things are going better! Once in a good routine, mornings aren't so bad!

Us4 Cats said...

what a sweet photo. good to hear things are starting to settle.