Monday, December 13

Christmas Around the Corner

YIKES!

Last Friday I decided to take a half day off from work and spend the afternoon getting some necessary stuff done such as laundry, grocery shopping, and wrapping Christmas gifts.  I really dislike using my pecious vacation for things like this but it certainly helped decrease my stress level as we had once again a busy weekend.

On Saturday Maya came with me to Joann Fabrics so we can make fun pretzels like these:
Which Makenna enjoyed eating :)
We also put up the tree - finally!
and thank goodness for shatter proof ornaments!
And on Sunday Maya participated in her first ever Christmas program at church.  She did such a wonderful job and looked adorable as well.  I was a proud mama!  After the program we enjoyed some holiday cookies and visited with some friends of ours.  Nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Did I mention Christmas right away the corner?  Did I also mention that means Dave is leaving very soon for Ethiopia?  Yikes!  I am still breathing and I am still hanging on.  I am ready for this holiday as I love it.  Who couldn't love Christmas and spending time with family?