Sunday, December 19

Christmas Party

The girls' had their annual daycare Christmas party on Friday and parents are invited to come.  Their daycare usually has one event per month and they usually coincide with a holiday or event like Mother's Day.  The events are on the cheesy side but I love them and I try to attend every single one. 

At the party, Santa paid a visit to each classroom.  Makenna wouldn't go near him but Maya sat right on his lap and graciously took her gift (okay she literally took her gift).  After Santa left, the kids sang the song "Jingle Bells" and then we had snack.  On our way out, Maya and Makenna each received a gift from daycare to take home.  Spoiled girls!

We did decide to let the girls open their gifts before going to bed.  Wow did they get a lot of really neat stuff!  I have to admit, it is really unnecessary but certainly appreciated.  The daycare we attend is for all income levels so I think it is really nice they do this as some kids probably don't get much for Christmas.

These are the best pictures I got - I have come to the conclusion it is impossible to get a nice photo of the two girls together.  Oh well.  I did get a cute one of Maya with Santa.  Check out Maya's beautiful hair too.  Side story: the same mother who made a rude comment about Maya's natural hair the last time Maya wore it to daycare couldn't say enough nice things about it on Friday.  Oh good grief.  I had to resist my eye roll.