I wanted to give you a quick update on Makenna. From my previous post, Makenna had been admitted to the hospital last Monday for an infection in her leg. On Thursday night we spoke with the "bone" doctor who said everything is looking good to him and that he is giving us a green light to go home on Friday (yesterday). Obviously it is the news I wanted to hear.
Fast forward to Friday morning...the hospital peds doctor came to visit Makenna and said he wanted to make a call to the infectious disease doctor from another hospital to talk over Makenna's case. He did and told me we would have to stay through the weekend. Um no. Not going to happen. I expressed my concerns and opinions which made the doctor have to think (yep he told me he had to think). Well he left the room, checked a few more things, and came back to tell me the original plan would stay in place which meant we could go home!!!! As you can imagine, I was so relieved.
We got home shy of 2pm yesterday in time for Makenna to take a nap, me to take a hot shower, and all of us to get ready for church. God is good! I am so happy Makenna is home and can celebrate her first Christmas at home with family.
Thank you for all of your prayers. We are not out the woods yet and have a few follow up appointments but I feel like we are on the right road for recovery.
P.S. Thank you to Aunt Cherrie for the beautiful dresses!

























