On Monday night we admitted Makenna into the hospital and she has been there every since. We thought Makenna had a fractured ankle but the foot doctor on Monday confirmed otherwise. With various doctors consulting, we were told she was being admitted to the hospital for an infection in her leg. These past few days consisted of tests, blood work, a lot of poking, etc. to figure out the root of the issue. We won't know the results for 48-72 hours but we are closer.
Unfortunately Makenna's first Christmas as part of our family will be spent in a hospital. That saddens me greatly as I want her home with her family. I am praying she will be released on Saturday at the very latest.
While hanging out in the hospital for 2+ days, I have observed and realized a few things that I thought I'd share. Here are the ones I have discovery so far:
- Doctors are not Mr. McDreamy
- It isn't possible to save on calories eating at the hospital cafeteria especially for Dave as he found the monster cookies
- Being in the hospital around Christmas is actually not so bad as Makenna has been spoiled with toys, Santa Claus visiting, carolers singing and we got a free meal from Granite City
- Absolutey nothing is on regular TV which confirms my life can not survive without TiVo
- The chair beds are very uncomfortable to sleep in
- Nurses can be "extra" nice once you get to know them on a personal level (they seem to pay more attention and will do little favors for you, wink)
- Important to get all the Christmas stuff done early as you never know what will happen

























