Tuesday, December 2

Holiday Party

Tonight Dave's work had a family holiday party at a local museum. They had great adult food (Maya liked the bread and fruit), older kid activities, and the one and only - SANTA CLAUSE! We are 0 for 2 on this one as Maya is terrified of him (Santa). We tried once last weekend at the mall and again tonight. This weekend we plan on visiting Santa Village so we will try once again.

We met a fellow co-worker of Dave's tonight and his wife and daughter. Dave's company employs over 1000+ people so it isn't a surprise we met someone we didn't know :) The family we met is actually a bi-racial family. Their 4 year old daughter is black and was born in Texas. They brought her home after a few days of being born. We also learned that the "mom" is a hair stylist and actually does the styling of her daughter's hair (which is absolutely adorable). She gave me her phone number and we are going to arrange a "hair" play date. I'm so excited as we clicked really well and she is willing to teach me how to braid, etc. It is so wonderful to have met families like ours in the community. We feel so blessed to have formed all these relationships to the point of being friends. Before Maya, I didn't really notice bi-racial families but now I see them all over. I'm not sure if it is because more families are in the area or I am becoming more aware. I'm guessing it is a combination of the two. Regardless, I am over the moon that we have met another family.

Well here are the Santa pictures...I know it looks like I am clinging onto Dave but I really wasn't. Just trying to hold my balance.

IMG_4522
IMG_4523