Saturday, January 2

Even 2 year olds are aware

Tonight our family attended our first men's college basketball game of the season.  Maya was fascinated by all the cheerleaders and said she wanted to be one.  Well...during one time out when the cheerleaders were on the court doing their thing, Maya turns to  me (she was sitting right next to me) and says "they have hair just like you".  And then she touched my hair.  I wasn't exactly sure what she said so I asked her and she said again "they have hair just like you" and touched my hair.  Fast forward a few minutes...Maya was on Dave's lap and I said to Maya "see that cheerleader, she has curly hair like you".  Maya looked at her and a few minutes later says to Dave "She has hair like me?  But I have black hair?"

I guess you can't say a 2 year old doesn't see differences.  Wow...

1 comments:

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

It's amazing how young but smart she is....the best thing about all of us is....LOVE has NO color:)