I found myself awake at about 3:45 this morning, anticipation I presume as today I meet my daughter, combined with the time change and some amazing fear of sleeping in and missing our flight to Addis.
By the end of the day I will have met Makenna, held her in our arms and told her directly that we love her. It is an interesting spot to be in thinking that when you wake up in the morning you are one person, and when you go to bed you will be another.
I truly miss Maya this morning, and hope to be able to Skype with her on Sunday. I am sure she is having fun with Grandma Julie but I personally miss my mornings with her – some of her most unique personality comes out those first few minutes after waking up (and some mornings some of her worst…)
Well – gotta go as battery is basically dead. Talk to you Addis.
David

























