Wednesday, January 6

We are packed!

But are we ready????  I think so.  Right now we are busy double checking things, ensuring the infant car seat is ready, and informing my mother about everything :) 

We do have the donations packed which consists of toiletries for all the young men at Kolfe Boys Orphanage.  We have so many people to thank for making this happen. Thank you to Nicole for collecting all the toothbrushes, soap, lotion, devotion book, and turning the washcloths into pouches.  Thank you to Olivet Lutheran Church for donating Olivet bracelets.  Thank you to Dave's sister-in-law, Kerry, for making a few phone calls and collecting tooth paste.  Thank you to Dave's sister Cherrie and co-workers for donating 22 DVDs, toothpaste, and toothbrushes!  We must also thank our good friends Evan and Terri-Lee and Andrea for letting us use some of their luggage. Everyone played an important role in making this happen and we appreciate it so much.  We can not wait to meet the boys, see the orphanage, and give them all this wonderful stuff!! 

IMG_8600
IMG_8652
IMG_8653
IMG_8661 
Makenna's bag is also packed.  I just hope I didn't forget anything!  For those of you knew to the adoption world, we must pack everything for her including formula and diapers. 
IMG_8662 
Maya's hair is braided and ready for Grandma Julie.  Hopefully it holds for a little over a week.
IMG_8657 
Our carry-on luggage is also packed and ready.  We have everything from our Zune, camera, video camera, and of course reading materials.  Mine consists of a selection of magazines :)
IMG_8663
Now we just need to get some sleep.  Our intent is to update our blog throughout our trip so be sure to check back.  We are extremely excited and can not wait to hold Makenna in our arms. 

6 comments:

Jodi Queenan Artist copyright 2011 said...

Please take some photos of the Kolfe Boys for me!!!!! I will be praying for you and your travels.....

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Finally your time has come! So excited for you and your family! Can't wait to see pictures of Makenna and the Kolfe boys!

Evan said...

Good luck you two. We are looking forward to meeting Makenna! Be safe in your travels and be sure to HAVE FUN!!!!

Leslie said...

Safe travels to you. I'm so excited for your growing family. I can't wait to hear about it.

I also have a special interest in the Kolfe boys.

Jennifer said...

Oh I love this! I am new to your blog but we have a son from Ethiopia, I am headed back in 9 days and I share a passion for aiding the orphans and the boys at Kolfe. I am taking them care packages too!

JourneyToNumberThree said...

Have a safe journey! God Bless