Thursday, February 11

Announcements

Let's talk baby announcements. I'm not sure about you, but I like to find cute affordable baby announcements where I can buy a large quantity and send to all of our friends and family. When I began searching for the perfect announcement for Makenna, I found so many websites that had the most adorable baby announcements. The problem is they are not for adoptive children! I mean why would I buy an announcement that included birth weight and length???? I want adorable, hip, trendy, whimsical adoption baby announcements. The ones I have been able to find have been dull, boring, and doesn't include a picture. Well that doesn't work for me! So I thought I would adapt an announcement to fit my needs and I thought Shutterfly would be perfect. Shutterfly has adorable and affordable announcements. Well I was wrong. Apparently Shutterfly thinks their announcements should only include name, birth date, weight, and length and they do not allow you to modify. Grr! However, Snapfish came through for me and I was able to create a custom made baby announcement on a budget. It certainly isn't the most stylish but I like it and it will work for me. Thank you Snapfish! If you are not crazy about Snapfish, Dave did find another site that has a few adoption announcements that look pretty cute and allows you to add a picture (thanks Dave but a little late for me). Check them out here.

If you found any other sites for some great adoption baby announcements, let me know. I'm curious if there are any other websites out there with pre-designed adoption baby announcements or if you must custom make them.

Here is our baby announcement...Welcome Makenna!
Makenna Announcement blocked-1
P.S. The top got cut off when scanning but it has a pink and green stripe to match the bottom. Double click on picture to enlarge.

10 comments:

Nikki said...

Both of your daughters are just ADORABLE...and I think your announcement is perfect. With our first (domestic) adoption, we didn't send out announcements for fear that this adoption would fall through like our first one. I regret not sending them out. However, I do look forward to sending them out with adoption #2. These are two sites I've found...the first one actually has adoption anouncements and the second is completely customizable. I really like the other site you posted too!

http://www.agiftfulheart.com/birth_announcement_magnets_girl.html

http://www.tinyprints.com/search.php?catid=0&q=adoption

Theresa said...

Thank you Nikki! I looked at Tiny Prints and they do have really cute announcements. I haven't been to teh other site so I'll have to check it out. With our first daughter, I made custom made ones at www.storkgrams.com. I just didn't want to hassle with sending in my information and I wanted to go cheaper this time around. Thanks for your comment. Anyone have any other sites you know of? I'm curious to know what's out there.

Nikki said...

I know what you mean about the cheaper version of cute cards. I wanted to use tiny prints for our Christmas cards, but I used shutterfly instead and saved TONS of money. I'm excited (as you can tell) to get more ideas of websites from people too!

DenaeDahlen said...

Hey Theresa - I ordered our announcements from an etsy seller. I had the proof in hours, and we got to keep the jpeg so when I needed to order more, I was able to just upload them to whatever site I wanted. We ordered 5x7's, but she would have formatted them to 4x6, which would really lower the cost of the announcement.

Denae

Theresa said...

Hey Denae - I love Etsy and didn't even think of it for announcements. Do you have the link to the Etsy seller?

Sarah said...

I also have a site that I use...she does a great job and her cards are custom and so phenomenal! www.pictureitcards.com

DenaeDahlen said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/mammakins is the seller we used. She didn't have adoption specific, but she changed her design to the wording we wanted. I searched: adoption, papergoods, cards, birth announcements. Most of them still had the height and weight info, but able to fully customize.

I have to avoid etsy. I find WAY too many things I have to have!

Robbin Hopkins said...

Beautiful I like Vistaprint.com as well. you can modify things for really cheap!

Kathy Freier said...

LOVED your announcement and LOVED that we got one! Thank you so much! I too used Snapfish for ours. And I can relate to the difficulty in finding one that fit for adoption.
Can't wait to meet MaKenna and to see Maya again as well! Oh and it will be nice to visit with you and Dave too...hehehehe :)

Ronnie and Suzi said...

I loved your announcement! It's on my fridge right now!!! Funny you posted this so recently though because my girlfriend sent me a link just the other day to a place that sells adoption announcements. Here's the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ejstoll
I haven't priced them and was really lucky to have Ronnie's Aunt create Joseph's for us when the time came. I remember being just as frustrated in finding something back then!