Friday, November 5

David’s Birthday Wish

I turn 37 on Saturday and I have a birthday wish – to share with 13 others from my church the amazing boys at Kolfe Boys Orphanage in Addis Ababa. As a birthday wish I am raising $1369 which is $37 for each of my 37 birthdays. If you feel obliged to make a donation, you can do so here: Donate Now

As an parent to two Ethiopian children I have a fond connection to the beautiful people of Ethiopia as well as an understanding of the great needs of children who have been orphaned through the loss of one or both parents due to poverty and disease.

The day after Christmas a group from Olivet Lutheran Church will leave kolfe boys for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to spend a bit over a week at the Kolfe Boys Orphanage. Kolfe is an orphanage made up of over 130 boys aged 10 and older. These boys are truly amazing and have touched many hearts already. You can read more about Kolfe and the relationship Olivet has with this orphanage here.

Other organizations such as Gladney and Luke 8:21 Orphan Care Ministries have provided resources and connections to these boys. You can read about a scholarship program that Gladney operates that provides an opportunity for these boys to attend school.

Upon our return it is my goal that our entire group will have been captivated by this amazing country, these amazing boys of Kolfe and the spirit and hope that they will then ignite an entire congregation to get involved in the relationship with Kolfe.

If you can help with even $5 or $10 it would truly be appreciated. I will be blogging and Facebooking the trip so you will be able to follow along on our journey. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and considerations.