Thursday, November 18

Hard to Say Good-Bye

It is true.  My kids are growing and there isn't a thing I can do to stop it.  Sad but true. 

I have slowly been going through all the baby stuff in the house and trying to decide what to do with it all.  We decided to try to sell some of the good stuff on Craig's List in hopes to find it a good home and to get some extra cash in our wallet.  We have sold only a few things so far.  Although I am happy to see my house become less cluttered, I can't help but to be sadden by it.  I personally find it hard saying good-bye to something that both of my girls used due to all the memories.  I feel like I should call in the cluttered expert, you know the one that used to be on that show on TLC?  Well anyway, I know it is only a material object but it was my girl's material object. 

I can say good-bye to most of the baby stuff in my house even with all the memories except for one item.  This particular baby item brings back so many memories for both girls that I can not see it go.  I will probably hold onto this item for a long time. 

Do I need it?  No. Do I used it?  No.

Doesn't matter.

What is it?  My Baby Bjorn.


We bought this before we left for Ethiopia to bring Maya home.  It was our saving grace while in Ethiopia with both Maya and Makenna.  I actually carried both of my babies through the many airports as Dave's back could not support them.  I soathed Makenna in it countless times while home on maternity leave as she needed to be close to me. 

This Baby Bjorn means to much to me and brings back too many wonderful and heart ache moments with both of my precious daughters.  No way can I say good-bye to it.  Not now anyways.

Is there anything you have kept due to sentimental reasons?