Thanksgiving is only a couple of days away and it is a day to give thanks. It is a day to remember and to maybe verbalize things you are thankful for such as good health, family, and a feast on the table. But why do we wait an entire year to be thankful? Why not be thankful year round?
As I think about all the things I am thankful for, I can not help but think of the people in Ethiopia. I can't help but think of my girl's birth families, the boys at Kolfe, the families who call Korah home, and all the street kids. I can't help but think of the little boy and girls in the orphanages and the beggers in the streets. These people work hard everyday to survive, literally.
I am thankful. I am thankful for my family, my friends, the roof over my head, the food in my cupboards and refrigerator. I am thankful for my job, the car I drive, and the clothes in my closet. I am thankful for my education, my church home, and the ability to be compassionate towards others.
I am thankful but not just today or in two days. I am thankful year round as I know how wonderful and good I have it. You see unlike many people who don't know where their next meal will come from, I do. I know I will have 3 meals, I know I will sleep in my bed tonight, I know I will get up and be able to shower in clean water. I am thankful.
Let's not be thankful for one day only but instead be thankful everyday of the year. Remember all the good things in our lives. I do.
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago

























