Sunday, January 16

Happy Forever Home Anniversary Makenna!

Today marks our one year anniversary of being home as a family of 4. Last year today, friends and family gathered at the airport to welcome us home and to meet the newest member of the family. I remember walking off the plane in pure exhaustion as well as being anxious to see Maya. I couldn't wait to give Maya a big hug and lots of kisses. It was an emotional day for me to be home and be surrounded by so many people who love us and supported our adoption process.

Our friend Evan took our first family photo and framed it for us which is still on my shelve in my family room. Although it isn't the best picture considering Dave and I hadn't slept much or showered for almost 30 hours, it is our first family picture which I very much treasure.


I have to admit that I have been struggling with the fact Dave just recently traveled to Ethiopia without me and had an experience without me. I feel incredibly jealous and feel that whenever Dave thinks of Ethiopia, he thinks of his recent trip versus the two trips we shared together. I never thought I would ever feel this way and it has been very hard. Thankfully Dave and I have been able to talk through this and he assures me this last trip has not replaced the other two but it was simply a different trip with different experiences.

Today we plan to spend time together as a family. We plan to celebrate our blessings and enjoy each other.

Happy Forever Home Anniversary Makenna! We love you to pieces.