Sunday will be our 1 year forever anniversary of being a family of 4. Crazy to think Makenna has been home for almost 1 full year. Wow time goes by so fast! This year we had experienced so much and we have so much to be thankful for. Each day that comes and goes, I feel incredibly blessed and very lucky to be mom to my two girls. I know I have many not so great moments and some really bad days but I never forget how blessed I am.
This past year we have learned how to be a family of 4 which isn’t so easy at times. Makenna had to adjust to being with us as we did with her. The attachment piece didn’t happen overnight but instead over a course of months. We got there though and trust me Makenna is very much attached!
Today I took a moment to reflect back to last year on this very day. At this time last year, we spent much of the day visiting the Alert Hospital and Korah. It was truly an amazing experience that wrecked us even further. It is really hard to even put words to this experience as it tore my heart to pieces but at the same time gave me some joy as I got to spend time with such wonderful people. These people have gone through so much and have so little but yet managed to make us feel welcomed. Dave did a beautiful job blogging about our visit there so feel free to read it here.
Dave and the group he traveled with had the pleasure of visiting these amazing people at the Alert Hospital. While looking at pictures, I recognized many faces. They same group of individuals have continued to work hard and I assume will continue as long as they need to in order to provide for their families. Dave and the group provided them with much needed supplies so they can continue to make their crafts and sell them in the gift store. God is good!
Here are just a few pictures from that day.
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago

























