And Dave will finally be home!
You think with Dave being all the way across the globe in Ethiopia, I would have very little contact with him. Well that is sort of the case but thank goodness internet and phone is everywhere. Yesterday I got to talk to Dave on the phone. I felt bad as it was very late for him (9 hours ahead) but I was beyond relieved to hear his voice, hear about his day, and to share with him my days.
While Dave told me about his day, I started to feel like my struggles being a single parent is nothing and that I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Dave’s heart is aching right now and he is filled with so many emotions. I know I am ready for him to come home and I know he is ready to see his girls (and me) again but he doesn’t want to leave Ethiopia. Dave got a tremendous opportunity to travel with an amazing group from our church and introduce them to a country we love. From the sounds of it, everyone has fallen in love with Ethiopia and it sounds like some if not all of them want to return soon. Amazing! This group of adults and young adults will be able to come back and share their experiences with the congregation, with their friends, their family, and anyone that will listen. I am personally excited to hear about their trip from others besides Dave and to hear how this trip has changed them (and if it changed them). I am thinking our church is going to be able to do some great things for Ethiopia!
Like I said, I listened to him talk and I couldn’t help but feel guilty. I should not have complained about my week especially to Dave. At least not now when he is wrapping up his trip and managing his emotions. But my week was not a joy ride. It was hard. Lack of sleep, girls bouncing off walls, being stuck inside thanks to a two part winter storm, and no personal time has turned me into a crazy person. Big kudos to all the single parents out there as they have a very hard job!
I have to say thank goodness for an awesome daycare as my girls are being well taken care of, I am amongst adults, and I managed to get a fairly good night's sleep last night.
Dave will be home soon! YIPPEE!
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago

























