Saturday, December 19

Another Sleepless Night

It seems I can't stop thinking about my family, Makenna, and Ethiopia. I have so many things running through my head. Apparently I have so much running through my head that I can't seem to get a good night sleep. In 3 weeks, we will be traveling to Ethiopia to meet our daughter Makenna. So many emotions are running through me right now. Of course I am beyond excited. I am excited to kiss, hold, and mother Makenna. I am excited to touch her, to gaze into her big brown eyes, and to give her gentle kisses all over her little body. I am excited to visit the birth place of my two children, Ethiopia.

This trip is already so much different than our first. This time we know (or sort of know) what to expect. I know what I want to pack, I know what I need to do to prevent sickness, I know what to expect as far as food, facilities, and rough roads. Dave and I are no experts but at least we have an idea of what to expect. It helps but it doesn't cease my nerves. This trip is not only to meet our daughter and to bond with the other adoptive families. This trip is also to full-fill some other passions such as visiting the young men at Kolfe Orphanage.

I can't stop thinking about the trip. I am so excited about it all but also very anxious, scared, and nervous. This trip is going to change me and that scares me. I'm not exactly sure how it will change me yet but it will. The last one did.