Sunday, December 20

Weekend and Sledding Mishap

We had a wonderful weekend as a family.  Our weekend included a small gathering of friends on Friday.  We enjoyed some wine, holiday desserts, and some adult conversation.  Our guest had the opportunity to discuss sponsorship at Kolfe Orphanage in Ethiopia.  They also had a chance to view some artwork by JStudio.  I highly recommended checking out the artwork as it is so beautiful, colorful, and the proceeds go to Kolfe.  Did I mention that she has many different ones to choose from and various sizes???? 

IMG_8403
Saturday consisted of Maya's final day at gymnastics for this session.  We have decided not to enroll her in the next one simply due to Makenna coming home.  Maya loves it so we will enroll her again once she turns 3. 

Here Maya receives her participation ribbon.
IMG_8423
After gymnastics we headed over to the sled hill to meet up with our adoption group.  Maya had a blast going down the hill with daddy despite her saying she didn't want to go.  I of course wasn't going to go as I am afraid of heights and going fast.  Well...daddy thought it was okay for Maya to go down the hill with her friend Noah. 

IMG_8429

I have to tell ya - they had fun!  Dave was at the bottom of the hill waiting for them and they just giggled and laugh the entire way down.  Unfortunately the fun ended in a bit of an accident.  They hit a bumpy spot, fell off, and Noah landed on Maya.  Poor Maya got smacked down on the hard snow.  She has the battle wounds to prove it.  Doesn't she look sad?  It took awhile for her to calm down and to stop crying.

IMG_8434 
Later Maya perked up a bit and was in a fairly good mood.
IMG_8439 

The photos really don't do justice on how it really looks.  Today actually looks much worse.  Hopefully it heals fast!  Like someone said, this will not be the first time she gets some scratches and bruises.  The rest of the weekend consisted of family time, church, and quality time with friends.  Maya said today is Friday not Sunday.  I wish she was right!

1 comments:

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

O poor little Maya....heal up fast:) You still are cute as ever!!!

Karen
Adopting 2 from ET
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com