It made me do some serious thinking about my two girls and a lifebook for them. I have to admit, I haven't done one. Dave bought me this book years ago but I only paged through it. I never took the time to really read it. I did however make a digital photo book for each trip to Ethiopia with all the details of our trip. That is great but it isn't a lifebook. I did make another digital photo book of Maya's first year home as well as the preparation of bringing her home. It included getting her nursery ready, baby shower, Maya with her nannies at the care center, and of course the first full year she was home. Again great, but not a lifebook.
I wonder is it too late? Maybe I should actually read the book.
Thanks Theresa for inspiring me and for making me think.


























3 comments:
It's never too late! So don't worry. Plus, your oldest daughter is old enough to help you work on it some. Get her ideas too. Have fun with it! And you are so welcome. I am equally grateful for my "lifebook mentor" haha, Dani. Keep passing it forward. ;)
Theresa
Definitely not too late at all!! I haven't started one for eithe of my girls yet but do plan to. I have books similar to what you have created already. I haven't decided what form, size, shape, type, text, etc., my girls' books will take just yet, but I'm forming ideas. I want to work on them a lot over this summer and have them "done" before I return to work in 2 months. Probably won't happen, but I'll try. I want the girls' books to be durable and something that can be added to, which is why I haven't started yet.
This was very intersting Thankyou-I just ordered the book and am gonna start working on Peytons before the next one comes home-Thankyou so much for this post
Post a Comment