Thursday, June 24

A New Style

I feel that I am getting better at braiding but I am horrible at parting hair.  I struggle greatly with it to be honest.  Parting Maya's hair is turning out to be one of the hardest things about styling her hair.  There must be a trick to it.  I have tried two different combs, I have had Dave help me hold and turn Maya's hair, and I have tried parting it wet as well as dry. 

What is the secret of a great part? 

Despite the not so perfect parting, I think the style turned out pretty cute.  It lasted a good 4 days and then I re-braided it which got me another 4 or 5 days.  Last night I took the braids out and washed her hair.  It is really amazing how long her hair is (past the middle of her back).  On Monday we go in for a hair cut which is very much needed.  It is time for a good trim.

IMG_0644 IMG_0646

Oh - and it doesn't help when someone gets a hold of the scissors and decides to cut her own hair!  Those little hairs will not cooperate no matter what!

3 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

I think it looks great. I haven't attempted cornrows yet but want to!

Nikki said...

Just beautiful!

Kimberley said...

I love it when you do Maya's hair. You are so good at cornrows. We use a very fine tooth comb to do parts. If you run the tip of the first tooth at an angle it snags up the extras on each side but doesn't tangle up in the hair. When I am in a pinch and can't find my combs I sometimes use a plastic Pampered chef orange peeler end (not the sharp end) but you have to go over the part several times with it to get a clean part.