The last few days I have spent out of town on a work trip and a day trip to my brother's for my niece's 1 year birthday. It has been a busy 3 days. As I have said in a previously blog, Dave and I are trying to live a fit life. Therefore while packing for my work trip, I packed my gym clothes, sneakers, and reading material as I had great intentions of hitting the hotel exercise room. Unfortunately my expectations and hopes were too high.
Why is it when you are out of town it is almost impossible to get a workout in? Is it because you are asked to be at your work place at 5 am, travel 3+ hours, work all day, go out for dinner, and arrive back at the hotel at 9:30 pm? Is it because you are expected to meet your party in the hotel lobby by 7 am for breakfast so you can be at your next destination by 8:00 am?
I had great intentions of getting one workout in but the only time my sneakers made it out of the suitcase is when I need to get to what was underneath them. Sad but the reality. I do wonder how other's manage to exercise on the road. At least I tried.
Thankfully I am home now and can get back into my workout routine. It is amazing how icky you can feel when you haven't worked for a few days. Exercising is truly a high (at least for me) and I am ready to kick some Shaun T butt in Insanity!
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago

























