Tuesday, October 12

You Say It's Your Birthday...

Today is my birthday. Usually I am so excited and love everything about my day. I love the attention. I love meeting friends for lunch. And I love knowing the day is all about me. Selfish I know but I used to love my birthday.

This year is different. I am actually sad, really sad. I simply can not believe I am another year older. Today I want to actually forget my birthday and not make any mention of it to anyone. I just want the day to go on as normal.

I'm not really sure why I feel this way. Maybe it has to do with being another year older and feeling younger than my age. Maybe it is knowing that everyone around me specifically my family is also a year older. Maybe it has to with how I feel like I should be doing so much or have accomplished so much more by now. Maybe it is just me being a girl with hormones. Who knows really.

Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who will not let me pretend it is just another day. Dave always makes me feel special and I love him for that. I also have some amazing friends who volunteered to cook us dinner which I am very much looking forward to.

My birthday is going to be great no matter what.

Happy Birthday to me!  Ha!