Sunday, October 17

Mom's Tip #2 - Save Money!

Anyone with kids knows they come with a price tag. Little ones require diapers, wipes, formula and bottles, food, and don't forget about new clothes every few weeks considering how fast those little peanuts grow.

Thankfully there are ways to save money on all the necessities with minimal effort. Here are some ways I have found to save money.

Diapers - If you use Pampers or Huggies, you can sign up on their websites to track points found on the individual diaper and baby wipe packages. These points are redeemable for merchandise or retail gift cards. I personally have turned my Pamper points into Shutterfly merchandise. Another benefit of signing up, you may also receive random coupons in the mail.

Pampers - http://www.pampers.com/
Huggies - https://enjoytheriderewards.com/

Formula - Depending on if you use formula and which kind you choose, each brand has its own website. Once you sign up, you will receive emails, coupons in the mail, and maybe even some free samples. My girl's daycare uses Parent Choice from Walmart who also has free samples which you can find here.

Baby Food - I am a Gerber mom. In order for me to save, I simply signed up on the Gerber website. By doing so, I received many coupons in the mail and email newsletters.

Gerber - http://www.gerber.com/

Clothing - Kids seem to grow at record pace and it seems like I am constantly buying new clothes. Yes, I love to shop but it can get old buying new outfits all the time thanks to growth spurts.

What I have found is I tend to shop at the same stores over and over again. These stores are local and online. How can you save money? First off, you can sign up for the retailers reward program at the retailers website or at the store itself. Again, by doing so you will get coupons via email and in the mail. Another way is to tuck away the coupons you are given at the checkout counter. I am a Children's Place fan and I usually always get a coupon each time I shop.

Other money saving tips:

  • Swap coupons with co-workers and friends
  • Start a coupon box in your work lunchroom - great way to swap coupons
  • Shop at my favorite store Target where they will track what you buy and coupons will print along with your receipt
  • Follow sites such as Freebies 4 Moms which has many great saving opportunities such as free samples, coupons, and free diaper codes
  • Stay organized by purchasing a coupon container that you can toss into your diaper bag or purse to ensure you have it at all times. I bought mine in the dollar area at Target.
  • Receive 1 free book per month by signing up for the Imagination Library from United Way. Each kid receives 1 free book per month up to age 5! (I only signed up Maya as I hate to get duplicates of the same books)
My sister laughed at me yesterday when we were out shopping as I did tap into my retail coupons. In my opinion if you are going to spend the money regardless, why not save a little while doing so.

Do you have any money saving tips? If so, please leave a comment and share it. And if you like this post and know others who may benefit from it, please share it with others.