Well I made it through my first week being back at work. I am happy to report it went smoothly and no one yelled at me. Makenna also made it through her first week of daycare but not without some grumpiness. She seems to be exhausted and restless. Poor thing. I know this transition must be hard on her. I am thankful we have a low key weekend planned as family time is very much needed.
I am finding being back at work has its challenges. It is going to be hard trying to find the right balance between working, playing "momma" to my two girls, trying to keep the house up, and everything else in between. Being home the last two months had really allowed me to keep up on the daily chores, run around doing errands, and have time to spend with my family on nights and weekends. I'm already feeling guilty that I don't have the time or the energy to clean up the kitchen or to fold the clothes that have been lying in the clothes basket since last weekend. I wish there was a magic formula on how to balance everything or a magic wand to make all the dishes sparkle and land in the cupboards or to give me 4 more hours in the day. Reality is - I must find the balance and realize I have to let go and not be so hard on myself. Clothes may need to be washed or folded, dishes may need to be washed, but that is okay. My family comes first and I don't want to miss spending time with my two girls. They are only little once and everyone tells me that I must treasure this time with them.
I'd like to know from those reading this - how do you balance work, parenthood, and everything else? Have you found a way that works for you and your family?
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago


























5 comments:
You should try not to feel guilty about those things. I am home all day and there are days that my laundry does not get folded and my dishes are still sitting on the counter waiting to be put away. Some days are just like that.
I know how you feel having been a stay at home mom for 10 years working my first full time job since my kids were born is tough. Though mine are a little older and are enjoying their "Independence" they have also stood up to the challenge and taking on new responsibilities. I find that doing the dishes together opens up time for talking and laughing at the same time. Also dinner time is really important we try hard to eat together as often as we can. Sports, orchestra. school work and their friend time sometimes hinders our dinner hours. Just remember the clothes can always be done when they are sleeping, the dirty stuff will wait for you, your girls will grow up no matter what, so enjoy them now! It is also important too to show them that taking care of your home is important too. They will need those skills when and as they grow. Also don't forget you and Dave need to make time for each other, keep that fire burning as well.I know you and Dave are doing great and will continue to provide a nurturing environment for your girls. Take care and much love. Amy
Working and raising kids is such a hard combination...staying home full time to raise kids is super hard as well... I often think that I appreciate my kids a little bit more when I am working (at least part of the time). Nothing is better than picking up your kids from day care and getting a hug and kiss from them!!!
Good luck with your transition. You got me thinking about getting even more organized myself. I will be doing a long term subbing job in a few weeks and will be switching into full-time working mom mode. The job will be a huge help with our travel expenses...Anyway, I found a couple of websites that help with meal planning and grocery list making. One is called Dine Without Whine. They make grocery plans for you and email you a grocery list each week along with recipes. There are so many great resources online. I have also heard that people really like The Fly Lady website. Just try your best to enjoy the time at night with your girls...don't' worry about having a spotless house :)Good luck!!!
Thanks for the congrat! We are so excited! We will need to have a gathering this summer so all the new little ones can meet!
Michelle
I'm going back to work next week after bringing our 2nd home on New Year's Day... I am already worried about many of these things you mentioned. It was really hard for me to return to work after our first adoption, and I feel like it will be this time, too.
Post a Comment