Today Makenna had to transition yet again to a new daycare. As you may have recalled from my earlier post, Makenna was not able to get into our regular daycare center until today. Up to this point Makenna had been going to a home daycare with 3 other kids. I wasn't sure how well this transition would go as Makenna's has become very attached to Dave and myself. This past weekend she would barely let her Aunt Kerry hold her. At drop off today, Makenna easily went to her new teacher Lezlie and could care less that she was being held by her versus me. I have to say, I was kind of disappointed. Part of me wishes she would have cried or fussed a little. I know most parents would have been thrilled by this but as an mom of an adoptive child, I kind of wanted her to be sad and to want her mommy. Thankfully big sister Maya is just downstairs and is able to check in on her little sister. Apparently Makenna did great and had a good day. She was overwhelmed at first but what can you expect with 8 little ones, 2 teachers, and people coming and going all day long? I would be overwhelmed too! We are just thrilled to have both girls under the same roof as life just got easier for Dave and myself.
Before leaving for school, I took some pictures. I had to promise Maya a gummy bear in order to get a smile. Strange, I know as Maya always smiles for the camera.

























