I thought I would participate in this month's "Time Out for Theta Mom Thursday". The rules: you have to make an hour’s time for yourself sometime during the month, without the kids and blog about it.
Do you find it easy to get time for yourself? I don't. I find it incredibly difficult. Part of the issue is I want to be home and be with my family. The other issue is I just don't take the time. One Saturday night this month, I actually took time for me. I enjoyed a night out at a Bon Jovi concert. Wow, so much fun! My good friend Andrea snagged awesome tickets near the stage on the raised seats which gave me a great view of hottie Jon Bon Jovi! I spent the evening with my sister, her husband, my friends Andrea and Tom.
David decided to stay home with the kids considering he isn't the biggest fan and has seen him twice already. I'm not sure how he could pass on an incredible concert and a night out of the house, but he did. It felt so good to be out and to feel like me and not Maya's or Makenna's mom which is how I feel most days. After the concert we hit a local spot for a round of drinks and some chit chat. I loved it!!
This night was not only a blast but it reminded me it is important to take time for yourself. You may not be able to every day or every week but once in awhile is good for the soul. Thank you Dave for giving me a guilt free night out!



























6 comments:
OMG - I don't think you know this, but I am a HUGE Bon Jovi fan! As a native Jersey girl, he has been my man since I was in 4th grade! lol
I've seen him numerous times in concert and he just gets better and better. So glad you rocked it!
Thanks for sharing and linking up!
Too funny! He is my favorite of all time and I've seen him 3 times! I just LOVE him and his concerts.
Good for you! I am the same way. Getting out is so hard for me but once I do I feel so much more alive...and it is good to refresh a bit. Moms always put themselves second which is ok but nice to take care of ourselves once in awhile :)
Love Bon Jovi! I live in New Jersey, and he's huge here. I've seem him once, and it was a great show. Would love to go again. Sounds like you had fabulous "me" time!
You deserve it girl..GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Karen
I LOVVVVEEE Bon Jovi!!! I remember going to the concert when I was in 6th grade...he still had the long hair then. We sat in the front row and I wore a denim skirt with black leggings underneath and a side-pony-tail.
Ahh...the good old days!
Post a Comment